US ESTA - Electronic System For Travel Authorisation To Travel To The United States
A US ESTA is the equivalent to a visa, but no stamp or label is placed in your passport.
- With CIBTvisas, you can apply anytime and you will receive an email or post confirmation from CIBTvisas notifying you once your ESTA has been issued.
You must apply for an ESTA at least 72 hours before travel.
- Once a US ESTA is issued it is valid for 2 years or until your passport expires, (whichever is sooner) and will allow multiple entries into the United States.
Important Requirements For ESTA Applicants
- If you are a US Citizen and hold dual nationality with a Visa Waiver Program country you are not required to have an ESTA. You must use your US passport to travel to the USA.
- Please note: following recent changes under the Terrorist Travel Prevention Act, nationals of VWP countries who have visited: Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Somalia or Yemen on or after March, 2011 are no longer eligible to apply for an ESTA.
- Nationals of VWP countries who are also nationals of Iraq, Sudan or Syria are also not eligible for an ESTA.
- As of April 1, 2016, to qualify for an ESTA you must have a passport containing an integrated chip and display the universal e-passport symbol on the front cover (as shown below).