US ESTA - Electronic System For Travel Authorisation To Travel To The United States
A US ESTA is the equivalent to a visa, but no stamp or label is placed in your passport.
- With CIBTvisas, you can apply anytime and you will receive an email or post confirmation from CIBTvisas notifying you once your ESTA has been issued.
You must apply for an ESTA at least 72 hours before travel.
- Once a US ESTA is issued it is valid for 2 years or until your passport expires, (whichever is sooner) and will allow multiple entries into the United States.
Important Passport Requirements For ESTA Applicants
- To qualify for the ESTA you must have a machine readable passport
- If your passport was issued on or after 26th October 2005 it must: have a digitally applied photograph.
- If your passport was issued on or after 26th October 2006 it must: be a biometric passport. Your passport will need to have an integrated chip capable of storing the biographic information from the data page. UK passports issued in the UK meet this criterion; for UK passports issued in other countries please check with that location. Other nationalities should check with their passport office.
- A passport indicating that the bearer is a British Subject, British Dependent Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen, British National (Overseas) Citizen, or British Protected Person does not qualify for travel without a visa. A passport which states holder has Right of Abode or indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom does not qualify for visa free travel.
- Citizens of the following countries: Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Republic of Korea, Taiwan & Slovakia may travel free under the ESTA Program if they meet ALL of the following requirements: Obtained travel authorisation under ESTA prior to boarding the air or sea carrier and have a valid e-passport with an electronic chip.