CIBTvisas offers fast, easy, and secure processing of document legalization services.

Legalization is the official process of document authentication granted by international governments. If your travels require the use of a Canada public document in an overseas country, you may find that the local authorities require it to be legalised before it can be used.  Each country has its own legalization requirements which are determined by the type of document being legalised and its intended use.  Your document must be legalised by both the Government of Canada and in many cases, also at the embassy of the foreign country in order for it to be considered genuine.

Documents requiring legalization services can include:

Academic Certificates
Birth, Marriage, and Divorce Certificates
Business Contracts
Certificates of Incorporation
Certificate of No Impediment
Documents from British Overseas Territories
Export Certificates
Religious Documents

We will collect your documents and submit them to the appropriate government agency and embassy on your behalf.  Print, fill out and sign the order form and return it to CIBTvisas and we will begin processing your order.

To learn more about CIBTvisas’s Legalization services email [email protected] or call 888-665-9956.

The Hague Convention

The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents is an international agreement that took place in The Hague, Netherlands in 1961.  This agreement eliminated the need for additional legalization requirements for document use between nations.  The Hague Convention provides that an Apostille is the only form of legalization required for travel between participating countries.  An Apostille is an official stamp issued by the Government of Canada stating that your documents are genuine. 

These countries are members of the Hague Convention

Apostille Services

When carrying documents abroad, an Apostille stamp is required to ensure the authenticity of your official documents.  Apostilles are issued by the United States government certifying your documents as genuine.  CIBTvisas can obtain an Apostille on your behalf.  We will collect your documents and submit them to the appropriate government agency for authentication.

The following list of documents can receive an Apostille in Canada:


Association of Police Chief Officer

Birth Certificates

Marriage Certificates

Death Certificates


Disclosure Documents

Divorce Certificates

Export Certificates

Certificates of Incorporation

Change of Name

Foreign Documents

Foreign Language Translations of Canada Documents

Medical Documents

Notarial Acts


Powers of Attorney

Religious Documents

Court Documents

Educational Documents


To certify your documents with an Apostille, simply print, fill out and sign the order form and send it to CIBTvisas.  Your order will be processed as soon as it is received and you will be able to track its progress by using the Order Status tool on the CIBTvisas website. 

To learn more about CIBTvisas’s Apostille services email [email protected] or call 888-665-9956.

Notarisation Services

Notarisation is the process of verifying the authenticity of facts set out in a document. Documents to be used in other countries often require notarisation before they are presented for use.  CIBTvisas provides notarisation services to assure that your important documents are considered valid and legal in the country they are intended for.

Albania Dominican Republic Lithuania San Marino
Andorra Ecuador Luxembourg SaoTome & Principe
Antigua & Barbuda El Salvador Macao Serbia
Argentina Estonia Macedonia Seychelles
Armenia Fiji Malawi Slovakia
Aruba Finland Malta Slovenia
Australia France Marshall Islands South Africa
Austria Georgia Mauritius Spain
Azerbaijan Germany Mexico St.Kitts & Nevis
Bahamas Greece Moldova St.Lucia
Barbados Grenada Monaco St.Vincent & Grenadines
Belarus Honduras Mongolia Suriname
Belgium HongKong Montenegro Swaziland
Belize Hungary Namibia Sweden
Bosnia & Herzegovina Iceland Netherlands Switzerland
Botswana India NewZealand Tonga
Brunei Darussalam Ireland Nicaragua Trinidad &Tobago
Bulgaria Israel Niue Turkey
Cape Verde Italy Norway Ukraine
Colombia Japan Oman United Kingdom
Cook Islands Kazakhstan Panama Uruguay
Costa Rica Korea, Republic of Peru USA
Croatia Kyrgyzstan Poland Uzbekistan
Cyprus Latvia Portugal Vanuatu
Czech Republic Lesotho Romania Venezuela
Denmark Liberia Russian Federation
Dominica Liechtenstein Samoa

To learn more about CIBTvisas’s Notarisation services email [email protected] or call 888-665-9956.

Document Translation Services

Submitting original documents to authenticate your identity is part of every visa and passport application service.  If you are a foreign national whose personal documents are written in your native language, CIBTvisas can have them translated into English so that they may be processed by the appropriate embassy or government agency.  Contact CIBTvisas’s Customer Care Center at 888-665-9956 to arrange your document translation service today.

Visa Quick Check

Canadian Passport Holders: See if your destination requires a visa.

See All Countries

Going to Australia?

Apply online and get an electronic visa for travel to Australia in seconds.

An ETA will allow you to travel to Australia as many times as you want within 12 months from the date it is issued.

Learn More

View A Sample Visa

Don't know what a visa for your destination looks like?

You can view a sample visa for your country of destination and see the information it contains.

Learn More